For first-time offenders and repeat DUI offenders, your license will be confiscated immediately per Georgia’s Administrative License Revocation (ALR) if:
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level was .08 or higher
- You refused a breath test
Georgia courts require Ignition Interlock Devices (IID) for all DUI offenders. You’re required to pay for all costs associated with the IID, from installation, monthly lease payments, and service fees to removal. You may also be required to attend an alcohol and drug screening program.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Georgia
- Wait out your suspension period.
- Schedule an appointment to have your Georgia ignition interlock installed with an approved Smart Start interlock service provider by calling 1.800.831.3299.
- Attend DUI school to obtain your Alcohol Risk Reduction Certificate and complete any DUI intervention programs (if applicable).
- Bring the documents listed above to a Smart Start interlock service provider.
- Visit the DDS and pay a $25 fee and submit your proof of installation.
- Complete any pending court regulations.