What We Do
When a driver is convicted of drunk driving, many states require the driver to have an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) installed in the driver’s vehicle. The IID prevents the driver from starting their vehicle until the driver passes a breath alcohol test. To date, our IIDs have prevented 11 million illegal vehicle starts and allowed more than 1 billion “safe” (under the legal limit) starts.
The concept is simple: fewer drunk drivers = fewer alcohol related traffic deaths. We save lives.
We also develop new solutions for portable alcohol monitoring. Alcohol use is often a factor in domestic and workplace violence. We are on the front lines with state, judicial, and legal professionals.
Why We Do What We Do
- Our team members deserve a positive work environment with professional growth.
- Professionals need tools and services allowing them to track and mitigate negative behaviors resulting from excessive alcohol consumption.
- Drivers and their passengers should be safe from the dangers of drunk driving. We want to save lives.
How We Do What We Do
We believe in progress, not perfection. Our team is far from perfect. Sometimes our passion causes those imperfections. However, our passion also drives us to improve each day. We believe in working hard, doing the right thing, holding ourselves accountable, and being kind along the way. We believe in hiring like minded people who believe in working the same way. We need you to want to save lives, too.
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
We don’t need hoverboards and dusty ping pong tables, or have beer on tap and video games to distract us.
Our bells and whistles are simple: just a tightly knit team with passion, purpose, and commitment. We enjoy what we do and have fun in the process, but we know our work is serious business.
Our employee satisfaction comes in a different form than most companies. We save lives.
If this sounds like a good match for you, apply to join us at Smart Start.
We regularly review our compensation, perks, and benefits to keep work both enjoyable and competitive while providing ways for teammates to successfully balance their work and personal lives.
Physical and mental health programs
- Choice of 3 medical plans, 2 dental plans, and a vision plan
- Telemedicine (video and audio) plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions
- Health Advocate insurance concierge and employee advocacy service
- Short term and long term disability plans
- Accident, cancer, critical illness, and hospital indemnity plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement and financial programs
- 401(k) (both pre tax and post tax) with company match
- Life and matching accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Legal and ID theft protection
- Tuition reimbursement plan
- Anniversary bonuses
- Employee referral plans
- Charlie Day Award
- Raffles, treats, and prizes
Balancing your work life with your personal life | paid time off
- Vacation time
- Personal days
- Flexible arrangements
Based in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, our history of success stretches back to 1992. Entrepreneurs Bettye and Jay D. Rodgers founded Smart Start after their ranch hand was required to use an IID after a DWI. The IID technology used at the time was unreliable and prevented the Rodgers’ ranch hand from getting to work as expected. This challenge inspired the couple to create a new kind of IID company dedicated to superior technology and respectful, compassionate client care. Since then, Smart Start has become the world’s leading provider of IIDs with thousands of service centers in the USA, Canada, and 22 countries around the globe.