For first-time offenders and repeat DUI offenders, your license will be confiscated immediately per Arizona’s Administrative License Revocation (ALR) if:
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level was .08 or higher
- Your BAC level was .04 or higher while driving a commercial vehicle requiring a commercial driver license
- You refused a breath test
Arizona courts require Ignition Interlock Devices (IID) for all DUI offenders. You’re required to pay for all costs associated with the IID, from installation, monthly lease payments, and service fees to removal. You may also be required to attend an alcohol and drug screening program.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Arizona
- Contact the Arizona MVD to have your driving record reviewed. The MVD will determine if you meet the requirements for a new license per the revocation/suspension period.
- Schedule an appointment to have your interlock device installed with an approved Smart Start interlock service provider by calling 1.800.831.3299.
- Call your insurance agent to get proof of financial accountability such as an SR-22 certificate.
- Visit the MVD and submit your SR-22 along with payment for the reinstatement fee and application fee.
- Complete any pending court regulations.