For first-time offenders and repeat DUI offenders, your license will be confiscated immediately per Connecticut’s Administrative License Revocation (ALR) if:
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level was .08 or higher
- You refused a breath test
Courts in Connecticut require offenders to install and maintain an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) on their vehicles. You’re required to pay for all costs associated with the IID, from installation, monthly lease payments, and service fees to removal.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Connecticut
- Contact the Connecticut DMV and submit your payment for the restoration fee.
- Wait out your suspended license period.
- Complete an Ignition Interlock Device Installation Application Form P246 and mail it to the DMV.
- Wait for your application to be approved. You will receive a notice in the mail.
- Schedule an appointment, upon approval, to have your ignition interlock installed with an approved Smart Start interlock service provider by calling 800.831.3299.
- Submit the P246 form to the DMV so they can verify your installation.
- Wait to receive the final approval letter and restoration notice in the mail.
- Obtain a valid license or Adult Learner’s Permit.
- Complete any pending court regulations.