- Were arrested for DUI.
- Were guilty of a second or subsequent DUI traffic offense.
- Receive a permit to drive during your suspension or revocation period.
*All BAIID’s require a camera unit to capture your image as you perform breath tests.
*You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the BAIID, and bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring and service.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Illinois
- Serve all jail/suspension time and pay fines as ordered by the court. You must also undergo any alcohol/drug remedial education and/or treatment programs as ordered by the court.
- Fill out and apply for a Monitoring Device Driving Permit (MDDP), or request a hearing to obtain a Restricted Driving Permit (RDP), dependent on your DUI conviction/s.
- After receiving your permit, call 800.831.3299 to schedule an appointment to have your interlock device installed with a state-approved, Smart Start interlock service provider.
- If you have more than one DUI arrest on your record, you will either have to attend a formal or informal hearing. If you are unsure, discuss this with your attorney. Informal hearings will be at the regional Driver Services facilities and are first come, first serve. Formal hearings must be requested in writing and you must pay a $50 filing fee. Formal hearings are held in Chicago, Springfield, Mt. Vernon or Joliet.
- File proof of financial responsibility prior to reinstatement (SR-22 form), pay the $500 reinstatement fee, and pass the driver’s license exam.