The New Mexico Department of Transportation (DOT)’s Traffic Safety Bureau (TSB) determines if you are applicable for New Mexico’s Ignition Interlock financial assistance program.
What New Mexico’s Ignition Interlock Financial Assistance Program Covers
The program will include paying up to $30 per calibration, $100 for a transfer and up to $50 for removal for clients. You will be responsible for other charges with your Ignition Interlock, such as installation.
If approved, the TSB will provide the proper information, such as your benefit effective dates. They will also notify the Motor Vehicles Department (MVD) of your indigency status. Then, you’ll need to take a copy of your notice to your Ignition Interlock provider, such as Smart Start.
Who Qualifies for New Mexico’s Ignition Interlock Financial Assistance?
Here’s the only situations where you can qualify for the financial assistance fund:
- If you’ve been convicted in New Mexico for DWI and have been court ordered to use an Ignition Interlock
- Your driver’s license was revoked by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) because of a DWI arrest and you cannot drive legally without an Ignition Interlock
- You need to drive with an Ignition Interlock as a condition of parole
The state will evaluate your finances and determine if you are eligible for the indigent, or financial assistance, program.
Need the New Mexico Ignition Interlock financial assistance application form?
Ignition Interlock Indigent Programs by State Series
- Can I Receive Financial Assistance During My Ignition Interlock program?
- Hawaii Ignition Interlock indigent program
If you have any questions, Smart Start’s Customer Care Center is standing by to help. We can provide you information on your state laws or your Ignition Interlock program. Feel free to call our team any time at (800) 831-3299
Do You Need an Ignition Interlock?
Smart Start is the biggest Ignition Interlock provider in New Mexico with superior customer service and a reliable device. To schedule an installation appointment, call our Customer Care Center at (800) 831-3299 or fill out our short online form.