- Had a breath alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .15 or higher.
- Are guilty of a second or subsequent DWI traffic offense within seven years.
*You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the IID, and will be required to bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring.
How to Get Your License Quickly in North Carolina
- Serve any jail or suspension time, as well as complete a DWI Assessment.
- Call 800.831.3299 to schedule an appointment to have your interlock device installed with a state-approved, Smart Start Interlock service provider. Call the DMV at 919-715-7000 to verify your installation date first before visiting Smart Start.
- Pay all your applicable fees. Note that you will still have to complete court regulations as well.