- Had a breath alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .08 or higher.
- Refused a breath test or were unconscious at the time of the test.
- Were convicted of a first offense DUI and did not have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
*You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the IID, and bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring and service. You might also be required to attend a DUI or substance abuse court referral program. As a repeat DUI/DWI offender, your vehicle might be impounded.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Mississippi
- Serve all jail and suspension time, as well as completing the Mississippi Alcohol Education Program (MASEP), if required.
- Have a copy of your Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and proof of hardship.
- File for SR-22 insurance and a Hardship License.
- Call 800.831.3299 to schedule an appointment to have your interlock device installed with a state-approved, Smart Start interlock service provider.
- Finally, visit your local MDPS office or fill out a form online to pay your reinstatement fee. MDPS will mail you a clearance letter if you have satisfied all reinstatement requirements. Note that you will still have to complete court regulations as well.