In New York, the courts are required to sentence anyone convicted of a felony or misdemeanor drunk driving offense to a period of probation or conditional discharge. Pursuant to Leandra’s law, offenders will be required to install and maintain and Ignition Interlock Device (IID) for a minimum of 12 months on any vehicle they own or operate.
* All New York IID’s have a camera installed per regulatory standards to take your picture while you perform a breath test.
* You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the IID, and bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring and service.
How to Get Your License Quickly in New York
- Serve any jail or suspension time and pay all applicable court fines/fees.
- Collect necessary paperwork:
- Condition of Discharge, Probation order or Problem Driver form (DMV conditioned clients)
- Drivers license
- Valid Insurance information (SR-22 Insurance NOT required in NY). Your insurance agent or company can provide this paperwork.
- Registration (In client’s name or signed letter from owner of vehicle)
- Monitoring Authority’s contact information
- Call 800.831.3299 to schedule an appointment to have your interlock device installed with a state-approved, Smart Start Interlock service provider.
- Schedule Victim Impact Panel