For first and repeat DUI offenders, the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and the courts may require you to install an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in your vehicle if you…
- Had a breath alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .08 percent or higher.
- Are guilty of a second or subsequent DUI traffic offense.
- Refuse a breath test or were unconscious at the time of the test.
- If you had a child in your vehicle at the time of your DUI.
*You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the IID, and bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring and service.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Nebraska
- Contact the DMV here to verify eligibility for Nebraska’s Ignition Interlock Permit (IIP).
- Call 800.831.3299 to schedule an appointment to have your IID installed with a state-approved, Smart Start interlock service provider.
- Complete your jail/suspension time, as well as attending and completing your alcohol treatment, education and evaluation program.
- Submit the IIP form and certificate of installation of an IID to the DMV. *Your installation certificate will be provided by Smart Start’s service providers.
- Finally, pay any applicable reinstatement fees. Note that you will still have to complete court regulations as well.
How Much Does a DUI Cost in Nebraska?
|DUI Offense||Jail Time||Fee|
*IID fees not included
|Suspended License Period|
|First||Up to 60 days||$500||6 months|
|Second||30 to 90 days||Up to $1,000||1 year|
|Third||90 days to 5 years||$1,000 – $10,000||15 years|
*Additional fees, jail time, and suspension periods may apply.
For additional information and resources, please refer to the links below: