Need Ignition Interlock Financial Assistance in Washington State?

Smart Start Ignition Interlock Device Attends AIIPA Conference

Ignition Interlock programs are affordable, but if you need Ignition Interlock financial assistance in Washington, the state may be able to assist you.

The program provides assistance for indigent clients in Washington with the installation, removal and leasing fees associated with your Ignition Interlock. It can also help with transfer fees, which is moving the device from one vehicle to another.

You must be declared indigent and meet the following cut-off levels to receive Ignition Interlock financial assistance in Washington.

2017 Federal Poverty Guidelines

People in family/householdMonthly income


How to Apply for Ignition Interlock Financial Assistance in Washington

In Washington, you can apply for assistance by submitting the Financial Assistance Application. You can fill out the form right on your computer from Smart Start’s site.

Complete and submit your form, and all supporting documentation, to this address below:
Driver Records
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9030
Olympia WA 98507

Fax number: 360-570-7824

Make sure to include your proof of income and your proof of benefits, or your application will be denied! Any attachments won’t be returned, so make sure you are providing copies of your documents. The DOL will then notify you in writing if your application was approved or denied. If your application was denied, you can re-apply in six months.

Finally, if you still have questions about the Ignition Interlock program, Smart Start can help. Simply call our Customer Care Center at (800) 831-3299, and we will provide next steps throughout your program.

Need an Ignition Interlock in Washington?

Fulfill your Ignition Interlock requirements with Smart Start today. We provide an affordable program and reliable customer service. Call today at (800) 831-3299 or fill out our online form.