- Had a BAC level of .15 or higher.
- Refused a breath test or were unconscious at the time of the test.
- Are guilty of subsequent DUI traffic offenses.
*You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the IID, and bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring and service. You may be required to attend and complete a remedial driving course, as well as doing community service.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Rhode Island
- Serve any jail or suspension time, as well as completing your DUI educational program and any community service.
- Call 800.831.3299 to schedule an IID installation with a state-approved, Smart Start interlock service provider.
- Fill out an SR-22 form, which proves financial responsibility, and send to the DMV. Your insurance agent or company can help with this paperwork.
- Pay all your applicable fees to the DMV. Note that you will still have to complete court regulations as well.