Are you on work release, otherwise known as the Huber Program, in Wisconsin? Do you also need to install an Ignition Interlock Device? Smart Start is a known Ignition Interlock provider of Wisconsin with an affordable program and a helpful team to walk you through your next steps. In this blog, we’ll explain the right process to installing an Ignition Interlock if you are a part of the Huber Program or a jail release program.
In Wisconsin, your work release program is Huber. This work release program was named after Henry Huber, a Wisconsin politician who gained national recognition for writing the Huber Law. In general, the Huber Law allows county prisoners to be employed during the day. It also launched the concept of the prison work release program.
If you are placed in the Huber Program, you will likely only have two weeks to install your Ignition Interlock Device after a Huber order. Let’s go over the process to get your Ignition Interlock so you are meeting your court requirements.
Installing an Ignition Interlock While in the Huber Program in Wisconsin
- First, check the Sheriff Department’s website of the county you will be serving your Huber or jail release time in. Hint: You may want to visit your county’s web page and search for ‘Huber.’
- Keep in mind that each jail has their own rules with this process. However, most Wisconsin jails have designated a Huber or jail release program officer.
- This program officer can assist you with questions regarding your requirements prior to serving your Huber sentence, such as installing an Ignition Interlock Device. In many cases, you will have two weeks to show proof that you had an Interlock Device installed.
- Some counties in Wisconsin require you to obtain your Interlock Device prior to your report day for Huber or jail release. If this is the case, make sure to schedule an Ignition Interlock installation appointment with your provider of choice. Smart Start Wisconsin can meet your Interlock Device requirements with an affordable program and many service locations!
* If you do have an Ignition Interlock requirement due to Huber or jail release policy, and are not eligible for your occupational or license, you will not be credited for that time toward your required restriction until you are eligible to obtain your occupational or regular license.
Need to Install an Ignition Interlock Device in Wisconsin Now?
Smart Start can help you quickly meet your court requirements with our Ignition Interlock Device. Schedule your installation appointment today by calling 888-234-0198 or by filling out our online form.
Schedule an Installation
Save up to $200* on your installation just by providing some details. Let's get started.