For first-time offenders and repeat DWI offenders, your license will be confiscated immediately per Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration’s Administrative License Revocation (ALR) if:
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level was .08 or higher
- You refused a breath test
Arkansas courts require breath alcohol ignition interlock devices (BAIID) for all DWI offenders. You’re required to pay for all costs associated with the BAIID, from installation, monthly lease payments, and service fees to removal. You may also be required to attend an alcohol and drug screening program.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Arkansas
- Contact the Driver Control office to learn if you’re approved for an interlock restricted license.
- Complete the application; upon approval, submit your reinstatement fee to the MVD (if applicable).
- Call your insurance agent to get proof of financial accountability such as an SR-22 certificate.
- Schedule an appointment to have your Arkansas ignition interlock installed with an approved Smart Start interlock service provider by calling 800.831.3299.
- Complete any pending court regulations.