For first and repeat DUII (Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants) offenders, the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) may require you to install an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in your vehicle if you…
- Had a BAC level of .08 or higher.
- Refused a breath test or were unconscious at the time of the test.
- Are guilty of subsequent DUII traffic offenses.
*You will be responsible for all costs and installation services for the IID, and bring your vehicle in for regular monitoring and service. You may be required to attend and complete a remedial driving course, as well as doing community service.
How to Get Your License Quickly in Oregon
- Serve any jail or suspension time, as well as completing your educational program and any community service.
- File an SR-22 insurance form as proof of financial responsibility to the DMV. Your agent or company can assist you with this paperwork.
- Call 800.831.3299 to schedule an appointment to have your breathalyzer device installed in your car with a state-approved, Smart Start interlock service provider.
- Pay all your applicable fees to the DMV. Note that you will still have to complete court regulations as well.